Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Too close to home...

It is unfortunate that I have just found out that an ROTC class mate of
mine was killed in October of 2006 while serving in Afghanistan with the
10th Mountain Division. I won't say that Doug and I were close friends
while at college and after graduation, however we did share many laughs
while observing the nuances of army officer training. Over the course of
4 years of instruction, you tend to learn a lot about people, their good
points and their bad points.. Doug was one of the good guys. The link
below talks about Doug standing on a wall with a stick. This is classic
Doug. Throw in some colorful commentary with a lot of humor and you are
there on that wall with him. He, as a former enlisted soldier brought
a lot to the educational plate to us young, aspiring cadets. I will
have to thumb through some pics I think I have of Doug and post.. One
off the top of my head was on a cadet ride to a civil war battle field.


Like I tell my friends, the kind of leadership that that army demands,
was the kind of leader that I was. My decision to switch services to
follow my dreams most likely saved my life.

http://www.wmich.edu/rotc/alumni.html

http://media.www.westernherald.com/media/storage/paper881/news/2006/11/2
1/News/Alumnus.Dies.While.Serving.In.Afghanistan-2506001.shtml?norewrite
200611281222&sourcedomain=www.westernherald.com

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!