Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nutz sails the inland Seas!

People live in America and they dont realize that in the center of the country, not to far from Canada is a series of big ass lakes! When they finally lay their eyes upon on of these immense lakes, they are in awe. I had the opportunity once again to introduce the lakes to a good friend os mine, Juan the Black Shoe. I think he and his Puerto Rican roots where impressed. Not only did the lake impress him but the experiance we shared opened his eyes to a whole new world and better understanding of my roots.
You see Juan the Black Shoe, 29, Rick, my father and I all set sail from Muskegon to Chicago for the worlds longest fresh water sail boat race, the Chicago to Mackinac race. Our total distance traveled was well over 600 nautical miles so lots of water under the keel.
The entire saga of getting the boat to chicago, partying in the windy city, racing up the lake and the trip home are each an entry in themselves. So I am going to try and give myself a little leway and fill in some of the blanks so those that did not participate can participate via reading this blog! Oh yeah, by the way, I was on the road once again for my birthday. Howmany kids can say that?

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!