Thursday, December 04, 2008

Beware the Facebook Worm...

If you are a facebook user take heed.. Don't run the java update and be ready to de bug your box!

Got this from a friend and am running it now!


I
ran a malwarebytes scan to remove my worm, and then immediately rebooted. 
I then ran a Norton scan that showed clean.  But I still had to correct
the proxy settings in my browsers (I use both IE and Firefox) and I found that
info in a blog. Here is the excerpt from the blog that explains the proxy
setting fix:



 



It also modifies the Proxy to http=127.0.0.1:8181

To fix this:

In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan
Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy
server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox in Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab
-> "Settings" under Connection.



 



This link
explains more about it…and gives a complete manual fix – which may or may not
also do the proxy fix above.  I did not go this route, so I can’t say for
sure. This site does have a link to the malwarebytes download, if you want to
try it.



http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-koobface.html



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!