Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Review: "Broke" by Glenn Beck

Ok, so I finished this on off about a month ago and am just now getting around to writing the review.  I can honestly say that I have never read a text book from cover to cover.  I the case of this book, which is laid out in a similar fashion as text book, I did, minus of course the fifty or so pages of citations.  Facts can be such stubborn things.  

There are some great lessons on our nations history and some good quotes from the Founding Fathers and other notable leaders and thinkers through the ages.  If anything, Mr. Beck has gotten me in to the books and expanded my knowledge of America and its history.  I think my next major read after finishing the Federalist Papers is going to be Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America.

So much to read and I am such a SLOW reader.

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!