Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Major Chris Galloway


Second Lieutenants: Sean Merges, Nutz, Chris Galloway, Nguyen Tho (1996)

Life throws stuff at us just to keep things interesting. ...

I recently learned that an ROTC classmate of mine committed suicide shortly after returning from a deployment in Iraq. Chris and I were in different academic programs and aside from ROTC we did not socialize much. However we did commission together and served proudly in our respective branches of the Army. Chris branched Armor, fitting as how he was a little hard headed, from what I have heard, he fit right into that community.
Chris, you took a short cut to all the answers...you will be missed!

3 comments:

Seal Team 5 said...

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal

Anonymous said...

Please please please tell me this isn't the same Chris who had a baby girl last year just before going off to Afghanistan to work on MRAPs.

That Chris and I have traded emails all the time for years now. We both write for the conservative website, Flopping Aces. He's got a son the same age as my little boy.

The last we heard from our Chris was June 9th.

-Scott Malensek
smalensek@neo.rr.com

Bio said...

Possible. All your facts add up. "Nutz" and I were in ROTC together and I knew Chris. Even saw him a day before it happened.

Some casualties are not on the battlefield

~Bio
WMU ROTC Class '97

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!