Friday, August 05, 2005

I-64 Construction

I have been in and out of the tidewater area now since 1997.  On thing that left an impression on me back in '97 was the pain in the ass construction on I-64 over on the peninsula.  Here we are 8 years later and still there is construction on I-64.  I find this very disheartening.  I drive around a lot and see different construction techniques and it amazes me that the state of Virginia especially here in the tidewater where summer time temps with the heat index hover around the upper 90's to low 100's does not encourage night time road construction.  In this day and age with power generation equipment and other safety features it curious as to why construction companies do not work at night where the temperatures are cooler and there is less traffic on the road. 

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!