Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sights and Sounds of Bahrain

"Interesting" is a term, "land between time" is another way of describing some of the sights and sounds here in Bahrain. 

Here is one for ya.  As I was driving into the parking lot at my hotel, there was Saudi Ford Excursion with not less then 15 people inside.  Mind you most of the people were under the age of 12 but still 15 folks.  Yes and not a car seat was to be found.  Interesting. 

Today while eating lunch I saw a bubba I used to work with in Germany.  He worked in the Basement of the DISCOM building.  Those of you who where there would remember the big red neck Major from Tennessee.  Well the Major is now a light colonel. 

Yesterday when I went to the pool to get my trophy.  Yes I am a great swimmer!  I bumped into one of my old crewman/rescue swimmer. Was nice to see a friendly face and even nicer were the comments he made about me and the impact I had upon his life. 

Last week, during lunch, I ran into a guy who was on the Saipan war cruise '03 158 days at sea with 3 beer days!  

I look out my hotel window and see a modern city near the ocean,  I look down into the adjacent lots and I see construction techniques from the middle ages!  Interesting.  OSHA would have a field day here after going off the deep end.

I guess the road to my ultra modern hotel was just paved in the last year or so.  Interesting!

No comments:

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!