Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wrapping up for the Holidays

Well I am down to the wire here in sunny but chilly Newport Rhode Island. When I arrived back in November, the sun was out, the leaves were changing and I was wearing shorts and a sweat shirt. Today the brightly shining sun did not move the mercury much above freezing.
My experience here in Newport has been interesting and fun. This prepatory step for my next job aboard an aircraft carrier was a bit of an eye opener however no challenge is too great. I have meet some good people here in the school and I am sure our paths will cross again here in the future. The navy and the world is way too small for us to flunk the six degrees of separation rule.
I have a couple of new Norfolk friends who I will try to get into the fold. All are pilot types which is good, cant stand the penguins, you know those guys that have wings but don’t fly. Just kidding, about the whole penguin thing, wizzos are not that bad, especially you, “Merv the Perv”.
It was also nice have meet up with some new old friends, Spock and Nichole. I am sad that id did not spend more time with them however our schedules did not necessarily mesh. Oh well, too bad, soo sad. I will see them again before you know it. Rumor has it that they will be coming to Norfolk here in the not so distant future.
Well time is getting late, I have to meet the gang over at the officers club for one last Thursday night of lobster and beer on the cheap. Then it is off to the Providence airport to pick up my lovely wife Crackerz who has set aside her busy weekend to ride down the coast with her husband. I sure hope she likes snow and the cold cuz we are supposed to get hammered early Friday morning!! Should be fun…
Alas I forget, Phoenixcrematoryservices.com had their first removal last night. So if you are in the west Michigan area and contemplating death and need to be removed, post mortem and cremated, think of Phoenix for your final voyage.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Make sure Crackerz gets back safe and sound. From what I saw of the weather, I think there was some snow up that way.

Days Hours and Minutes to the end of the Myan Calendar

" name="timezone"/>

Democrat = Tax Cheat

المسلحة الكافر = Armed Infidel

Change has come to Washington D.C.
Rangel
Daschel
Geithner

Our 2009 Tax return to the US Govt = I.O.U.
Thank you California for setting the stage.

Thanks for voting America!